Question about posting a George Mason University Dissertation Study
I attend George Mason University near DC and I am beginning my data collection for my dissertation on teachers’ perceptions of narrative-based gameplay (i.e. serious games, off-the-shelf games, table-top games that emphasize a story) and I thought you could help me since ClassCraft is used by teachers who implement this type of gameplay.
This is an explorative collective study, so I intend to move where the data takes me. I would only need to conduct a semi-structured interview, which would revolve around the following questions:
- Why you’ve made the decision to use narrative-gameplay?
- How your past experiences influence your implementation (from where you’ve drawn your inspiration)?
- What is your perception of learning and how you connect with storytelling?
- How you balance/manage the ludological elements (gameplay elements) with learning content?
- How do you assess/measure student growth when utilizing narrative-based gameplay?
The interview would take about 45-90 minutes and could take place anytime over March or April.
I wanted to seek permission to seek participants for my study on this forum.
IRBNet number: 1362721-1
Hyle L Daley, M.Ed., M.S.
Graduate Research Assistant
College of Education and Human Development
George Mason University