We’ve collected ideas from various teachers for behavior presets for XP, HP, and GP. Share your ideas here!
Keep in mind, you can also share and import presets using the Share Settings feature.
- As I'm teaching chemistry I put in "Tidy up everything for everyone after doing experiments" - M. Brockmann
- Go 24 hours without using any of their special powers - Josh Oster
- At home with my kids:
Cut off (instead of Amnesia): Lose screen time (TV, video games, etc.) for 30 minutes
Exiled: Time out in room for 20 minutes. You may read, but you can't do anything else. - Kevin Peoples
- Write a letter to the head teacher/principal explaining how you lost all your HP and what you'll do in future to make sure you don't lose it again. - Tom Hills
- "Schooled" - must attend 2 after-school tutoring sessions without gaining XP for it (I will give XP to any student who comes to my after school tutoring sessions) - Katrina Fogelson
- Student has to be my "teaching assistant" for the day and help me go over the material with the class. - Laura Trauth
- "Banished from the computers" - kicked off the computer for a class - Hali Denenberg
- Class janitor for the day
Watch a TEDed video of the Gamemaster’s choosing, then write a summary of that video - Heather Virtue
- "Day of Disconnect”: My advice/warning to anyone in a teaching situation like mine where some lessons are computer-based... If you're going to randomly have a punishment where students can no longer use the laptops, ALWAYS have a back-up plan for when your lesson is computer-based. - Sam Schneider
- Always have an alternative.
This is important for several reasons:
Is it embarrassing?
Is it appropriate?
Is it disruptive to your OWN class?
- Sam Schneider
- 25 jumping jacks
Clean the counters (This is a science classroom with sinks and lots of counter). - Greer Saechao
- The Classcraft Team