First of all, my students love quests. Assignments that they would normally hate if I gave it to them on a worksheet become way more exciting to them as soon as I put it into a quest. With that said, there are a few functionality things that I would love to see.
1. More options in the "Apply to all students"
Would love to see more options for completing quests. Currently, if I have marked one student as completing it and one as not completing it then I can't use the tools at all. Would love to be able to have these options added:
- Apply +/- to an entire team (To mark a team has completed a task easier. I love doing small group quests)
- Apply +/- to all unmarked students (for when a due date has passed)
- Apply +/- to all unmarked and present students (To make it easier to extend deadlines for absent students)
2. Add a Boss Battle in the Quest/Individual Boss Battles
It would be great to be able to give a boss battle for individuals. Being able to delay all the damage to the end so teams can protect/heal would probably be preferable for management purposes.
3. Completing a Quest to Unlock Another Quest
I like to organize my quests so that we do a section of the unit as one quest and then a major writing assignment as a different quest. It would be nice to be able to have a student who finishes the "unit work" to be able to go on to the major assignment that I want to break down into a lot more steps.
Thanks for taking the time to read. My students love using Classcraft and all the improvements over the years have been awesome!