I have 5 classes of 40 students in each class. I am not YET able to figure out the best method of doling out XP so i can keep track of it. I have read through the old forum for ideas, but i wonder if the classes are as big as mine..... Anyway, here are ideas I've sorted through and dismissed for the following reasons. Is there another idea that works for you and you see it working in my large classes? Thanks!
- I've heard of tokens/tickets, but doling these out to 40 students in a pretty large classroom isn't ideal
- Doing it in front of the computer screen on the fly, but because I teach constantly through the projector screen (I am a computer teacher), it will interrupt my classroom TOO much and is not an option. (Unless I got a 2nd projector just for Classcraft... but it's still too much time switching between projectors/computers and not feasible)
- I've been writing down points on a clipboard (which has the seating chart of my classroom on it for ease) I find this doable (and my favored way) but VERY Tedious. And then I need to input all the XP for all of my 200 students after school each day?
- I read about the King's Hand. Do you give students access to the computer when doing this? How would you monitor cheating? How would you oniotr that student not being distracted and still getting their work in? Or do you have them write down the points on a notebook/sheet of paper. In which case you would have to go in again after school and record all the points (mind you for 40 students xs 5 classes =200 students)
- I could have an app on my phone, which is nice and portable... however going back to my phone and scrolling down the list of 40 students each class period to give XP... very tedious... (can I default the list to first names, I don't know their last names (they do have name tents of only their first name) There should be the option to view by first name) Defaulting to first name would help, but I can't keep my head down on the phone that often... I need to monitor my classroom most of the time....