Hi! I'm loving the quest feature and have been using it to host my 7th grade ELA units.
I was wondering about some possible features. Do you guys have a dev-roadmap? Anyways, as a teacher, here's some features that would be in my fantasy dev-map lineup to make Classcraft the most ultimate LMS and classroom management tool of all time!:
- First, quizzes!/bossbattles that can be semi-automated (multiple choice, sorting, short answer) I think I saw mentioned somewhere that this is already in the works. Yay!
- Locked gates <dependent on xp or gp or completing multiple task chains>
- Quest Items! Students could find items along their journey that might provide power ups/pets or unlock new quests/tasks. Similar to the Stash Blocks in Moodle.
- Stores and Taverns (to buy items, course materials ((like a hint sheet)), and heal)
- Ability to embed content into the story and task pages
- Toggle quest viewability (ability to see selected quest chains even if not checked off in progression, maybe a way to see multiple tasks and progress. This would be beneficial for a quest that might culminate in a larger project that students might need to plan ahead for) (...and hiding completed tasks to de-crowd the map)
- ...Maybe a dungeon feature would be a possible solution. Dungeons are linked to the main world map, but would contain a distinct task chain/map within. The dungeon progress would be visible on its world map icon.
- In-task text editor. Students could write answers to questions/prompts within Classcraft rather than taking the extra step to create a G-Doc
- Creatable and incorporated rubrics to grade tasks <ability to self-assess, peer-assess, and teacher assess>
- Some tasks could be marked complete by the student or by viewing
- Cooperative tasks (teams can submit assignments as a group with an ability to self-assess peer teamwork)
- Competitive tasks (teams compete/race to finish a task chain)
- Boss battles/challenges students can create to challenge each other
- Ability to view, annotate, and grade submitted work within Classcraft rather than a bulk download and upload.
- Custom background maps to better tell our unique class stories.
- Due dates/assignments outlined in a viewable and draggable calendar or linked to a G-Calendar
- Printable GP notes (GP could be printed and then used within a physical class/school store)
- Mini-Games! Teachers could customize mini-games with course content: <Moodle Games> These can be their own tasks or a form of student reward.
Way down the line, I'm thinking of a customizable skill-tree to align with standards-based grading/teaching practices. The quest tasks could be aligned with teacher created course skills (or standards). Much like badges, as students complete the skill/standards aligned tasks they work their way toward earning the skill badges. These could have GP, XP, and other ability rewards once complete. Students and teachers could view progress on a skill-tree page where each skill would then link to the attached quest-tasks and subsequent student work/evidence. This would be a great way to keep track of student mastery and also serve as a type of portfolio.
Anyways, thanks for a great product!