Common questions when getting started What are some common issues when connecting to Classcraft? How does Multi-Class work in the new experience? What does “Begin Setup” on my Teacher Dashboard mean? What’s the Proactive mode? How do I add students from a spreadsheet or text document? Can I change a student's character class and appearance? How can I leverage the team aspect of Classcraft to its fullest potential? How can I make sure students fulfill their pledges after they fall? How can I minimize the time Classcraft is taking from teaching?
How can I minimize the time Classcraft is taking from teaching?
It’s possible that you have little time to dedicate to Classcraft each day. There are several tips and tricks you can use to minimize the time it takes in your class.
- Use Random Events at the beginning or end of class to avoid coming to a halt and disrupting the flow of class.
- Access Classcraft on a mobile device to quickly manage points on the go during class.
- If you can't use a mobile device, try our weekly point organizer or any other manual tracking and compile points at the end of the day. If you do this, make sure to let students know when you’re giving or removing points and why so that they still get feedback.
- If you don't already use it, try out the Proactive mode.
If your students already have account, students to use the powers that, while they may have an impact in game, has no impact in class directly, on their own time.
- Eavesdrop enables a student to eat in class: should be used in class
Heal gives a student a few Hearts: should be used out of class
Deal with damage and powers at the beginning of your class.
Select a student who will act as the interim gamemaster and help you track Experience Points, Gold Pieces, and Hearts.
This should free up time for you and also make students feel more involved in the game!