Accessing and setting up your demo class
The demo class can help you learn how Classcraft actually works without affecting your real classes. It comes pre-populated with students and teams, already on Chapter 4!
In the demo class, you have access to all the Classcraft Premium features. You can also create quests of any length and view the game as a student to give you a better feel for how the game will look to your class.
It’s perfect for trying things out and seeing if Premium is for you!
- Accessing the demo class
- Setting up the demo class
- Resetting the demo class
- Viewing the game as a student
You can access your demo class on your home page.
If you have been using Classcraft for a while
- Scroll below your regular classes
- Click the Play button to begin
If you haven't been using Classcraft for a long time and can't find the demo class:
- Check the side panel of your Classcraft home page for the demo class
- Click the purple Explore the demo class to begin
When you first access the demo class, it's automatically set to Chapter 4, meaning that all the features are unlocked and the fake students will have character classes and powers.
Your demo class is set up with middle school SEL settings including positive and negative behaviors, powers, and pledges. In your class settings, you can reset the demo class and select a different school level and behavior list.
Your demo class is initially set up with the default settings for your organization, including positive and negative behaviors, powers, and pledges. In your class settings, you can reset the demo class and select a different grade, which may change available settings.
To view the demo class in a different chapter, whether you have a school or single license:
- Access your demo class
- Click on the wheel icon in the side navigation to access your class settings
- Click on Game Rules
- Select the Class Progression tab
And that's it! Choose the chapter you want to try out and begin exploring.
If you’ve used the demo class before or want to try different settings, you can reset it:
- Access your demo class
- Click on the gear icon in the side navigation to access your class settings
- Click the Reset demo class in the upper right corner
Don't worry, you can reset your demo class as often as you need!
You can explore the student view to get a better idea of how the game looks from their perspective:
- Select any student in your demo class
- Click the purple View as student button below their level
When you’re done, click on the Back to your account button in the top right corner to return to your normal teacher view.