Stopwatch (Forest Run)
The Forest Run feature is a classic stopwatch that you can use for any in-class activity.
To start the stopwatch:
- On your Class Dashboard, click the Class Tools () icon
- Select the Stopwatch
- Click Start to begin the countdown
While you’re on the stopwatch screen, you can take the following actions:
- Pause and resume the stopwatch
- Reset to start the stopwatch over
- Finish to complete the activity and reward students (if you want)
While the stopwatch is active, you can navigate to different parts of Classcraft and it will remain active as long as you remain in the same class.
You could select random students to answer questions or time students progressing on their quests.
When you’re done, click Finish and decide if you want to give a reward to your students. You can choose to reward students or whole teams.
- Click Students to return to the Class Dashboard where you can reward one or more students (with Select multiple)
- Click Teams to view the list view and reward teams accordingly
Try using the stopwatch to track how long it takes students to get quiet or hold a race to see who can answer questions the fastest.