There are several ways to add students to your class. You can:
- Add students from the school roster (school license only)
- Create new accounts manually
- Create accounts using Google Classroom
- Add existing students from the Student Database (Teacher Connect only)
- Provide a class code
Adding students to your class – and setting up your account in general – must be done via a computer. Log into the desktop version of the game at game.classcraft.com to get started!
During the initial setup of each of your classes, you’ll be prompted to add students. You can also add students at any time by accessing your class settings. In the “Students” section of your class settings, click the green “Add Students” button at the top. The steps to add students to your class will be different depending on whether your entire school uses Classcraft.
If you're part of a school using Classcraft
When you click “Add Students,” your school’s roster will first be displayed. You can select students to add to your class from this list. You can use the search function to search different terms, such as student name or class name. (If your school uses labels, you can also search with labels.) Once you have selected the students you want to add to your class, simply click on the “Add Students” button.
If your school allows it, you may use the “Other Ways to Add Students” button to add students not listed in the roster to your class. If you can’t select this option and need to add students this way, make sure you contact the person responsible for implementing Classcraft at your school.
Other ways to add students
If you’re not part of a school using Classcraft or if you use the “Other Ways to Add Students” feature, you’ll have two options to populate your class with students:
Create new accounts
- Add Students Manually: When you click on “Add Students Manually,” you’ll be prompted to input the first and last name of each student. You can copy and paste your list of student names from a Word- or Excel-type document.
- Use Google Classroom: If you use Google Classroom, you can add students directly from Google Classroom. When you click on the “Use Google Classroom” button, you’ll be prompted to sign in to your Google Classroom account (if you’re not already signed in). Then you can select students from your different Google Classroom classes. Once you have selected the students to add to your class, click on “Create Accounts.”
All new students will be assigned a student code, which you can email to them or give them via printable handouts. This code is also shown on your Students list in the class settings. The handouts will contain instructions on how students can sign up at game.classcraft.com/signup/student. Students can then use their student code to sign up for the game by creating usernames and passwords or by using the Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Clever, or Twitter buttons. This will enable them to create their character and join your class.
Add existing students
- Use Student Database: If your students are already playing Classcraft in your other classes or with another teacher, you can add them from the Student Database. In order to see the students who are in another teacher’s class, you must first sync with the other teacher via Teacher Connect. In the Student Database, you can search students by their name, username, or their teacher’s name. Select all the students you want to add to your class and click on the “Add Students” button
- Use Class Code: You can add students to your class using the class code, which students can use to join your class. Students must go to their account profile and input the code in the “Class Code” field.
Tip: Display the screen with the class code on a projector for students to see. As they join your class, you’ll see their name appear in the list below the code.
Once all your students have joined your class or have been given the class code, click “Continue” to return to the game.
Note: If students’ characters from the previous year are still active, they can first archive that character and then enter their new class code. This allows them to create a new character and join your class.