Classcraft gives you the ability to configure your class. The settings, give you access to:
- Managing students
- Managing teams
- Inviting parents
- Customizing behaviors
- Customizing powers
- Customizing sentences
- Customizing random events
- Customizing advanced settings
Game rules and settings can be customized for each class. You can access your class settings in two ways:
- On your teacher homepage, hover your mouse cursor over the circular bubble () next to your class and click “Settings.”
- On the game dashboard, click the gear icon () in the bottom left corner. This will take you to your settings for the class that you're currently playing with.
Tip: Use the "Rules Customizer" option when hovering over the circular bubble for suggestions for your different class rules, including presets, sentences, and powers.
You'll find columns for your students' names, usernames, email (optional), student code (if they did not create an account yet), character class, and Multi-Class ("Active" if they're playing in more than one class with the same character).
Clicking on the pencil button across from each student's name will let you change their username, email, password, character, etc. You can also remove them from your class.
Drag and drop students to move them onto or between teams. The best team has at least one Warrior, one Mage, and one Healer and is balanced academically, with around 5-6 students. Learn more about organizing teams here.
You can customize team names, backgrounds, and crests using the pencil button.
You can invite parents by sending them email invitations or by printing handouts with the parent codes. Learn more here.
You can edit or delete any preset for XP, HP, or GP.
You can change the name of any power in the game. If it's a personal or academic power, you can also change what it does, how much AP it costs to use, and whether or not it's a collaborative power (meaning students earn XP when they use the power to help their teammates). You may not, however, create game-based powers with effects that would automatically be handled by the game.
Note: Game-based powers (i.e., powers that are tied to the game mechanics and affect students' HP and/or AP), like Heal or Protect, cannot be edited because they are closely tied to how the game works.
Sentences are completely customizable.
Random events are completely customizable.
Change game mechanics including:
- Level Cap - The amount of XP needed to level up
(Note: Changing the level cap keeps student levels the same but alters how much XP students have to maintain relative progress. The level cap is the same for every level.)
- HP Regen - The amount of HP regained every day
- AP Regen - The amount of AP regained every day
- The amount of HP a student has after they fall in battle
- The amount of HP a student's teammates lose when they fall in battle
- The amount of XP gained per AP spent using a collaborative power
- The percentage grade over which students gain XP and under which they lose HP (Grade Converter)
- The amount of HP lost for each percentage point under the passing grade (Grade Converter)
- The amount of XP gained for each percentage point over the passing grade (Grade Converter)
- The max HP and AP stats for Mages, Warriors, and Healers
Activate and disable game features such as:
- Set a language for this group
- Sort students by first name
- Show the latest game event in the header
- Hide the descriptions of XP/HP reasons in the game feed
- Allow logged-in students to see only the statistics of the students on their team, as opposed to those of the entire class
- Hide XP/HP from grades in the game feed
- Students should always receive email notifications when anyone adds a comment in a post for this class
- Sound effects
- Background music
Import all of the settings from another class. Learn more about importing settings here.
Archive a class to "delete" it, and archive student characters (not accounts). Read more about archiving here.