What powers save students from falling in battle?
When students receive damage that will make them fall in battle, three powers can save them: the Healer's "Revive" power, the Warrior's "Protect" powers, and the Mage’s “Mana Shield.”
However, these powers don’t operate at the same time. Warriors can only use “Protect” before damage is applied, and Healers can only intervene after:
- You remove HP from a student (from a behavior preset or otherwise).
- The Warriors can then use “Protect” to help their teammates.
- The Mages can use “Mana Shield” to protect themselves.
- You can apply the damage.
- The Healers can use “Revive” on their fallen teammates.
If your students don’t have access to a computer or to their mobile device in class, it’s better for them if you don’t apply damage right away and leave it in the delayed damage queue overnight. This will give your students time to use their powers and gain XP. You can learn more about dealing with damage loss here.
The Healer's "Heal" power can't rescue a student from the cursed die. The "Heal" power can only be used after a student has received a sentence or after they have been saved by "Revive," "Mana Shield," or "Protect." The Mage's "Cheat Death" also won't save students from the cursed die, but it enables them to roll the die a second time so they might suffer a lesser sentence.