What powers save students from falling?
When students lose enough Hearts to fall, three powers can save them: the Healer's Restoration power, the Guardian's Protect powers, and the Mage’s Psionic Shield.
These powers don’t operate at the same time!
Guardians can only use Protect before Hearts are lost, and Healers can only intervene after:
- There are no pending lost Hearts in the queue
- A student loses Hearts (from a behavior preset or otherwise)
- The Guardians can then use Protect to help their teammate
- The Mages can use Psionic Shield to protect themselves
- You remove the remaining Hearts
- The Healers can use Restoration on their fallen teammates
If there are more lost Hearts that occurred before in the queue, you first have to manage these before you can get to the new ones.
The Healer's Heal power can’t prevent a student from falling and making a pledge. It can only be used after a student has made a pledge or after they have been saved by Restoration, Psionic Shield, or Protect. The Mage's Altered Destiny enables them to get a different random pledge.