What's the difference between Classcraft's mobile Web version and companion app?
There are two ways you can access Classcraft on a mobile device.
First, you can access it through any web browser on your phone or tablet. We call this the mobile Web version.
Mobile Web version
When using the Web version on your mobile device, you can access the following features:
- Create a new class
- Collective Feedback (if you have a school license)
- School Store (if you have a school license)
The companion app is intended to use as a secondary device to use certain tools and features (like giving points!) on the fly.
- Give Experience Points (XP) and Gold Pieces (GP)
- Remove Health Points (HP)
- Modify points manually
- Learn student powers
- Use student powers
- Game Feed
- Delayed damage queue
- Random Events
- Wheel of Destiny
Because you can be connected on two devices, you can log in to both the Web version and the Companion app and use either as needed.
Hot tip! Create a shortcut to the mobile Web version!
If you’re a teacher using a school license (or even a staff member), you may need to access the Collective Feedback or School Store features quickly. Unfortunately, these are not available from the Companion app.
You can, instead, create and add a shortcut to your home screen leading directly to the Web version.
Apple mobile devices:
- Use “Safari” to access Classcraft (game.classcraft.com)
- Click the icon representing an arrow coming out of a box in the top of the Safari window.
- Select “Add to Home Screen”
- Enter the name of the shortcut (Classcraft Web) and select “Add”
Android mobile devices:
- Use “Google Chrome” to access Classcraft (game.classcraft.com)
- Tap the menu icon (three dots in the top right corner)
- Select “Add to Home screen”
- Enter a shortcut name and select “Add”