Why can't my students access my Google Classroom assignment in Quests?
Students who try to access a Google assignment via a quest may encounter the following error: "It seems your teacher did not give you access to this assignment."
Two common scenarios can explain this:
The student's Classcraft account isn't linked to a Google account.
In this case, students can go into their account profile and click Link Google account on the left side of the screen. Your students need to select the Google account that's in your Google Classroom.
The student's Classcraft account is linked to a Google account, but they don't have access to the Google assignment.
This could be because:
1. The student's Classcraft account is linked to the wrong Google account. To fix this, students can:
- Go into their account profile
- Click Unlink Google account on the lefthand side of the screen
- Click Link Google account
- Link the correct account
2. The student isn't in the Google Classroom that the assignment belongs to. Make sure to select the correct class in Google Classroom when setting up a Google Classroom Assignment objective.
- Select Students in Google Classroom to see which students are part of your class
- You can invite new students by clicking on Invite students
3. You didn't give the student access to the assignment in Google Classroom.
Make sure that your assignment is available to the whole class in Google Classroom, as opposed to available to specific students. To change which students can see and complete a Google assignment:
- Find the assignment in Google Classroom
- Click on the options icon ()
- Select Edit
- Check that all students are in the For list.
4. The pop-up to allow Classcraft access is blocked.
When students first access a Google Classroom assignment in Quests, they'll need to enable a few permissions. Make sure the "allow" pop-up isn't blocked by their browser. In most cases, an icon will be displayed in the upper part of the browser to notify the student that a pop-up was blocked. Pop-up settings can be changed in your browser settings.