Google and Google Classroom integration is one of the many convenient features that Classcraft offers.
In order to connect properly to Google and Google Classroom, you will be asked to grant Classcraft certain permissions:
- View the files in your Google Drive
- Know who you are on Google
- View your email address
- View your Google Classroom classes
- View your Google Classroom class rosters
- View the email addresses of people in your classes
- View your course work and grades in Google Classroom
- View course work and grades for students in the Google Classroom classes you teach or administer
These permissions are necessary so that:
- You (the teacher) can sign in to Classcraft using your Google account;
- Assignments and grades from Google Classroom can appear in Classcraft and be converted into points in the game (Grade Converter feature);
- You can import students from Google Classroom into your Classcraft classes and allow students to sign in to Classcraft using their Google accounts;
- You can attach files from Google Drive into Class Content posts, Quests, Messaging, and Boss Battles.
- You can import assignments from Google Classroom into Quests.
Classcraft will not use or sell this information in any way other than the intended purposes stated above. Google and Google Classroom integration is an optional feature and is not required in order to play Classcraft successfully.
If student email privacy is a concern at your school, please be aware that students can create Classcraft accounts with original usernames and passwords or by syncing with another service (such as Microsoft, Twitter, or Facebook), rather than by using their Google accounts.